© OJG and sonofgodwordsoul.com, 2013 Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material, digital images and/or photos without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to OJG and sonofgodwordsoul.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Our being is joined and made one with the being of God. Even if we die, we will live. We were in a sinless world that was intended to be created perfect. When satan tempted the first man and the first woman, corruption was brought into this world. We got caught up in a conflict between satan and the Lord God. There is suffering in this world. None are exempt from suffering. I wish I could offer an explanation for our suffering but I cannot. I can only speculate. This is what the scripture says: “The LORD has established His throne in heaven, and His sovereign rule is over all (Psa 103:19 TNK).” “11 And the LORD said to him, “Who gives man speech? Who makes him dumb or deaf, seeing or blind? Is it not I, the LORD? 12 Now go, and I will be with you as you speak and will instruct you what to say (Exo 4:11-12 TNK).” The Lord God knows why we suffer. Yes it is true that YHVH does allow it. Satan is the originator of sin. He used his free will to tempt Eve. This is proof that angels have free will. YHVH gave the angels free will. The fallen angels use their free will to cause suffering. The reason YHVH didn’t and doesn’t stop the fallen angels from causing suffering is simply because to do so would take away their free will. However, when YHVH created the angels, He didn’t create them to be evil. He knew all the evil things they would do before He created them. It is my personal belief that YHVH used the evil to His advantage. What I mean is that good would not be exceedingly and extremely good without something to use to contrast itself to. This is YHVH’S way of stating that His creation can become His opposite. Yes, His creation can oppose His good will; But this can be done only to a certain extent.
Suffering is also caused sometimes because the Lord God wants to do a great work in our lives in order to bring glory to His name. “Yeshua answered, “His blindness is due neither to his sin nor to that of his parents; it happened so that God’s power might be seen at work in him (Joh 9:3 CJB).” We suffer for our own sins but Yeshua suffered for our sins. We also suffer simply because of the wrong decisions we’ve made in our lives. Yeshua states that we suffer for Him as well. “How blessed are those who are persecuted because they pursue righteousness! for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs (Mat 5:10 CJB).” We suffer from spiritual poverty. I suffered from spiritual poverty greatly because I didn’t even know Yeshua, just knew about Him. I pray this blog blesses all who desire to know God more.
According to Job 5:6-7 evil runs its course through the generations of human beings and has its way in us because we were born with a sinful nature and find it naturally so easy to do the wrong things. In 2 Sam chapter 14:14 death runs its course in us as water runs its course through the path of least resistance. In Ecc 9:11 the “time of mischance comes to all.” What can be understood by Ecc 9:11-13 is that bad things just happen because that’s just how it is. The Psalmist of psalm 119 stated that God allows a time of humbling to come to us in order for us to know that we did not learn the laws of God. An analogy of this is the example of the laws that govern motor vehicles, roads and pedestrians. If a motorist is ignorant of the extreme importance of the law of slowing down at the traffic light indicating the yellow color, they will break that law habitually. Sometimes they may get a traffic violation ticket for that infraction of the DMV law stating to slow down. That traffic ticket will get that motorist points on his or her license as well as a financial penalty. This can even lead to the suspension of the motorist’s driver’s license eventually even if it only incurs 1 point for each infraction. That motorist will certainly be humbled by this yellow light law. But think about it this way. Had the motorist in the above example habitually breaking the yellow light law not been humbled by that yellow light traffic law, how would you know that that yellow light law was and is a just and righteous law? So it is with the laws of God. We break them and our humbling comes in order to know that God is just and righteous. This is what the pharaoh and king David said. See below.
- 27 Thereupon Pharaoh sent for Moses and Aaron and said to them, “I stand guilty this time. The LORD is in the right, and I and my people are in the wrong. (Exo 9:27 TNK)
- 6 Against You alone have I sinned, and done what is evil in Your sight; so You are just in Your sentence, and right in Your judgment. (Psa 51:6 TNK)
- 6 Evil does not grow out of the soil, Nor does mischief spring from the ground; 7 For man is born to do mischief, Just as sparks fly upward. (Job 5:6-7 TNK)
- 14 We must all die; we are like water that is poured out on the ground and cannot be gathered up. God will not take away the life of one who makes plans so that no one may be kept banished. (2Sa 14:14 TNK)
- 11 At such things will You restrain Yourself, O LORD, Will You stand idly by and let us suffer so heavily?
(Isa 64:11-1 TNK)
- 11 I have further observed under the sun that The race is not won by the swift, Nor the battle by the valiant; Nor is bread won by the wise, Nor wealth by the intelligent, Nor favor by the learned. For the time of mischance comes to all. 12 And a man cannot even know his time. As fishes are enmeshed in a fatal net, and as birds are trapped in a snare, so men are caught at the time of calamity, when it comes upon them without warning. 13 This thing too I observed under the sun about wisdom, and it affected me profoundly. (Ecc 9:11-13 TNK)
- 71 It was good for me that I was humbled, so that I might learn Your laws. (Psa 119:71 TNK)
- 75 I know, O LORD, that Your rulings are just; rightly have You humbled me. (Psa 119:75 TNK)
- 12 Now, brothers, I want you to know that what has happened to me has helped in advancing the Good News. (Phi 1:12 CJB)
- 25 Yet you say, “The way of the Lord is unfair.” Listen, O House of Israel: Is My way unfair? It is your ways that are unfair!
26 When a righteous person turns away from his righteousness and does wrong, he shall die for it; he shall die for the wrong he has done.
27 And if a wicked person turns back from the wickedness that he practiced and does what is just and right, such a person shall save his life.
28 Because he took heed and turned back from all the transgressions that he committed, he shall live; he shall not die.
29 Yet the House of Israel say, “The way of the LORD is unfair.” Are My ways unfair, O House of Israel? It is your ways that are unfair!
30 Be assured, O House of Israel, I will judge each one of you according to his ways — declares the Lord GOD. Repent and turn back from your transgressions; let them not be a stumbling block of guilt for you.
31 Cast away all the transgressions by which you have offended, and get yourselves a new heart and a new spirit, that you may not die, O House of Israel.
32 For it is not My desire that anyone shall die — declares the Lord GOD. Repent, therefore, and live! (Eze 18:25-32 TNK)
The Lord God allows something to happen to everything that exists that He made. This something is called opposition. The name satan means “adversary” (http://www.biblestudytools.com/dictionaries/bakers-evangelical-dictionary/satan.html).” An adversary is one who opposes (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/adversary?s=t). Think about it this way. Our sun fights, in a sense, a constant battle against gravity. In order to survive, it uses nuclear energy to push outward against gravity. This seems at first as a harsh and violent struggle for survival but at second glance it is absolutely necessary for all life to benefit from the heat our sun gives us. So it is with the human glorified body. After the sun dies it lets out a burst of energy, light, and matter that can be seen for billions of light years into the future. In fact, it is a well established fact that we can see the light of dead stars light remnants from billions of light years ago now at this present time. These are light years, not earth years! According to pbs.org, at the speed of light, light travels 240 million times around our planet, which aproximately equals 240,000,000 earth years (http://www.pbs.org/teachers/mathline/concepts/space2/activity1.shtm). See the following quote “In aproximately 31,536,000 seconds—one year—light will travel aproximately a distance of 9.46 trillion kilometers or 5.86 trillion miles, which is 240 million times around Earth (http://www.pbs.org/teachers/mathline/concepts/space2/activity1.shtm).” Now imagine a star whose light died out billions of light years ago still visible to us today. That is in earth years about an astonishing 240 million earth years to the umphteenth power. It is more than a googolplex (http://www.googolplex.com/). You need the math of God to get the answer for that exponential problem. I understand perfectly why the ancient people used the stars as an analogy for Abraham’s posterity in terms of the quantity of His descendants as well as the scale of time His posterity would be alive. For example, after the saints of the Lord God return to the earth with their glorified bodies to rule and reign with Jesus, they will be, in a sense, as old as the stars, being that they have traveled possibly googolplexes upon googolplexes of light years. Can you do the math for that? I surely cannot do that kind of math. That gives us an idea of how long our glorified bodies will last, forever. I don’t know if you consider that to be an eternity but I surely do.
So what is it that causes us to suffer so much? I mean, besides the fact that we all have gone astray, knowing how to do good, being given the opportunity to do good, but not doing it anyway, we still suffer, why? The answer is sin. It works death in us in somewhat a similar way that gravity works death inside of our sun. Do you follow me so far? It is the Torah (Eternal Word of YHVH) that works sin in us! It is also the Torah (Eternal Word of YHVH) that works RIGHTEOUSNESS in us. All of this is the Eternal Word of YHVH! Call it TORAH! Christians call Him Yeshua! Can you see it?! Can you see why we need to suffer? We are YHVH’s creation. We are YHVH’s project. We are children of ABRAHAM. Some of us are as the grains of sand. But others are as the stars. Do you want to be a morning star? DO YOU WANT TO BURN WITH FIERY REVELATION OF THE LORD GOD YESHUA LIKE A STAR?! Or do you want to be of the earth? Lucifer also wanted to have a creation project of his own. But he will not be the glorified morning star. Yeshua is the gloryified BRIGHT MORNING STAR.
- 3 He was despised, shunned by men, A man of suffering, familiar with disease. As one who hid his face from us, He was despised, we held him of no account.
4 Yet it was our sickness that he was bearing, Our suffering that he endured. We accounted him plagued, Smitten and afflicted by God; (Isa 53:3-4 TNK)
- 7 Don’t delude yourselves: no one makes a fool of God! A person reaps what he sows.
8 Those who keep sowing in the field of their old nature, in order to meet its demands, will eventually reap ruin; but those who keep sowing in the field of the Spirit will reap from the Spirit everlasting life. (Gal 6:7-8 CJB)
- 6 We all went astray like sheep, Each going his own way; And the LORD visited upon him The guilt of all of us.” (Isa 53:6 TNK)
- 17 So then, anyone who knows the right thing to do and fails to do it is committing a sin. (Jam 4:17-1 CJB)
- 12 So the Torah is holy; that is, the commandment is holy, just and good.
13 Then did something good become for me the source of death? Heaven forbid! Rather, it was sin working death in me through something good, so that sin might be clearly exposed as sin, so that sin through the commandment might come to be experienced as sinful beyond measure.
14 For we know that the Torah is of the Spirit; but as for me, I am bound to the old nature, sold to sin as a slave.
15 I don’t understand my own behavior – I don’t do what I want to do; instead, I do the very thing I hate!
16 Now if I am doing what I don’t want to do, I am agreeing that the Torah is good.
17 But now it is no longer “the real me” doing it, but the sin housed inside me.
18 For I know that there is nothing good housed inside me – that is, inside my old nature. I can want what is good, but I can’t do it!
19 For I don’t do the good I want; instead, the evil that I don’t want is what I do!
20 But if I am doing what “the real me” doesn’t want, it is no longer “the real me” doing it but the sin housed inside me.
21 So I find it to be the rule, a kind of perverse “torah,” that although I want to do what is good, evil is right there with me!
22 For in my inner self I completely agree with God’s Torah;
23 but in my various parts, I see a different “torah,” one that battles with the Torah in my mind and makes me a prisoner of sin’s “torah,” which is operating in my various parts.
24 What a miserable creature I am! Who will rescue me from this body bound for death?
25 Thanks be to God [, he will]! – through Yeshua the Messiah, our Lord! To sum up: with my mind, I am a slave of God’s Torah; but with my old nature, I am a slave of sin’s “Torah.” (Rom 7:12-25 CJB)
- 17 I will bestow My blessing upon you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars of heaven and the sands on the seashore; and your descendants shall seize the gates of their foes. (Gen 22:17 TNK)
- 12 Therefore this one man, who was virtually dead, fathered descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky, and as countless as the grains of the sand on the seashore.
13 All these people kept on trusting until they died, without receiving what had been promised. They had only seen it and welcomed it from a distance, while acknowledging that they were aliens and temporary residents on the earth.
14 For people who speak this way make it clear that they are looking for a fatherland.
15 Now if they were to keep recalling the one they left, they would have an opportunity to return;
16 but as it is, they aspire to a better fatherland, a heavenly one. This is why God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared for them a city. (Heb 11:12-16 CJB)
- 19 Yes, we have the prophetic Word made very certain. You will do well to pay attention to it as to a light shining in a dark, murky place, until the Day dawns and the Morning Star rises in your hearts. (2Pe 1:19 CJB)
- 28 just as I have received authority from my Father. I will also give him the morning star.
29 Those who have ears, let them hear what the Spirit is saying to the Messianic communities.”‘ (Rev 2:28-1 CJB)
- 16 “I, Yeshua, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the Messianic communities. I am the Root and Offspring of David, the bright Morning Star.
17 The Spirit and the Bride say, ‘Come!’ Let anyone who hears say, ‘Come!’ And let anyone who is thirsty come – let anyone who wishes, take the water of life free of charge.”
(Rev 22:16-17 CJB)
- 12 How are you fallen from heaven, O Shining One, son of Dawn! How are you felled to earth, O vanquisher of nations! (Isa 14:12 TNK)
- 18 Yeshua said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. (Luk 10:18 CJB)
Let us remember that the Lord God suffers also. You cannot imagine what it would be like to be God the Creator, to bring into being this world, the first man and woman with free will, to suffer emotional hurt like Him, to give your only begotten, unique, holy, perfect Son to suffer for the sins of humanity. He created everything good because He is good. But we used our free will in order to obey the voice of lucifer, making ourselves to know evil (lucifer). We were made in the image of YHVH. We were not made in lucifer’s image. We brought a curse into the world because of our sin. We are not accountable for lucifer’s sins but we are accountable for our sins. YHVH became acquainted with evil in order to save us from our sins. YHVH even regretted creating the world and man because it was created good, but not evil. The image of man was supposed to be only good. But the corrupted image of the first man and woman after they sinned testified against the image of the Lord God. Perhaps this is why the Lord God hid His face from humanity, even Moses. Satan is a deceiver. He would have you believe otherwise. For instance, he said to Eve she would not die (Gen chapter 3). However, in the book of Revelation chapter 12, he attacks the male child. This is because his ultimate goal is to corrupt and destroy the human family tree of life.
- 31 And God saw all that He had made, and found it very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day. (Gen 1:31-1 TNK)
- 30 I was with Him as a confidant, A source of delight every day, Rejoicing before Him at all times,
31 Rejoicing in His inhabited world, Finding delight with mankind. (Pro 8:30-31 TNK)
- 9 The LORD God called out to the man and said to him, “Where are you?” (Gen 3:9 TNK)
- 11 Then He asked, “Who told you that you were naked? Did you eat of the tree from which I had forbidden you to eat?” (Gen 3:11 TNK)
- 13 And the LORD God said to the woman, “What is this you have done!” The woman replied, “The serpent duped me, and I ate.” (Gen 3:13 TNK)
- 22 And the LORD God said, “Now that the man has become like one of us, knowing good and bad, what if he should stretch out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever!” (Gen 3:22 TNK)
- 6 And the LORD regretted that He had made man on earth, and His heart was saddened.
7 The LORD said, “I will blot out from the earth the men whom I created — men together with beasts, creeping things, and birds of the sky; for I regret that I made them.” (Gen 6:6-7 TNK)
- 20 But,” He said, “you cannot see My face, for man may not see Me and live.” (Exo 33:20 TNK)
- 3 He was despised, shunned by men, A man of suffering, familiar with disease. As one who hid his face from us, He was despised, we held him of no account. (Isa 53:3 TNK)
- 37 “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing! (Mat 23:37 NKJ)
If you have ever wondered where is God in all the suffering you go through, you are not alone. Elisha felt this way also. Where is the God of Elijah?! ‘”Taking the mantle which had dropped from Elijah, he struck the water and said, “Where is the LORD, the God of Elijah?” As he too struck the water, it parted to the right and to the left, and Elisha crossed over (2Ki 2:14 TNK).’ That Jordan river represented the crossing over from death into life. The splitting of the Jordan river signified the baptism of death and newness of life after coming out of the water. See the following quote taken from 2 Sam 14:14 which compares death to water that is poured out on the earth. “We must all die; we are like water that is poured out on the ground and cannot be gathered up. God will not take away the life of one who makes plans so that no one may be kept banished (2Sa 14:14 TNK).” The fact that Elisha struck the water shows us that He believed that the water was an obstruction to him because it impeded his path to the Lord God in his search for the Lord God. “to those who were disobedient long ago, in the days of Noach, when God waited patiently during the building of the ark, in which a few people – to be specific, eight – were delivered by means of water (1Pe 3:20 CJB).” ‘And He said to them, “You are from beneath; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world (Joh 8:23 NKJ).”‘ Do not forget Elisha had seen, prior to His question to the Lord God, the translation of Elijah’s earthly body into a heavenly body. “As they kept on walking and talking, a fiery chariot with fiery horses suddenly appeared and separated one from the other; and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind. Elisha saw it, and he cried out, “Oh, father, father! Israel’s chariots and horsemen!” When he could no longer see him, he grasped his garments and rent them in two (2Ki 2:11-12 TNK).” Elisha desired to be born again! He wanted to be with the Lord God. He was looking for the Lord God. Elisha was willing even to the point of death to go where the Lord God was.
It’s my firm belief that we should be mindful of the good things the Lord God has prepared for us. “Focus your minds on the things above, not on things here on earth (Col 3:2 CJB).” ‘Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God (Joh 3:5 NKJ).”‘ Water represents what is from below as opposed to above and refers to our earthly bodies. The glory of our glorified bodies that the Lord God gives to His blood washed, born again, and sealed with His Holy Spirit children outweighs all our suffering. “For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us (Rom 8:18 NKJ).” Only the Lord God Jesus can give humanity the upgraded dna structure. Any attempt of science to upgrade the structure of the dna of humanity will not have favorable results in my opinion. See the following link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-21091066).
Michael S. Bushell, Michael D. Tan, and Glenn L. Weaver, BibleWorks, 8th ed. (Norfolk: BibleWorks, LLC., 2008), BibleWorks. v.8.
62a Chicago Bibliography Entries
Stern, David H. The Complete Jewish Bible (CJB). Clarksville, MD: Jewish New Testament Publications, 1998. BibleWorks, v.8.
62a Chicago Bibliography Entries
Tanakh, A New Translation of the Holy Scriptures According to the Traditional Hebrew Text (TNK). Philadelpha: Jewish Publication Society, 1985. BibleWorks, v.8.
62a Chicago Bibliography Entries
The New King James Version (NKJ). Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 1982. BibleWorks, v.8.